BEFLEXIBLE is thrilled to announce its participation in ENLIT, the dynamic forum shaping the future of the energy sector. ENLIT will take place from November 28 to 30 in Paris, France. BeFlexible invites you to join our session, in collaboration with ENFLATE and STREAM projects, on November 28 from 13:30 to 14:30. The session, titled “Unlocking Flexibility Markets: Are Customers Ready to Embrace Innovation?” will feature BeFlexible’s project coordinator, David Martín. Attend our session at the EU Projects Zone Hub-Theatre 1 (Hall 7.2)!
Unlocking Flexibility Markets: Are Customers Ready to Embrace Innovation?
In response to the imperative to double flexibility in the EU power system by 2030, as highlighted in a recent report by ACER & EEA, our session will explore the transformative influence of three pioneering EU projects: BEFLEXIBLE, ENFLATE, and STREAM. Representatives from I-de (Iberdrola Group), UBITECH ENERGY, and the University of Ljubljana will delve into fundamental aspects of customer engagement and the evolution of services and platforms towards a fully integrated energy system. Join us in unlocking the limitless potential within the realm of flexibility, recognizing its vital role in shaping a more sustainable and adaptable future.
13:30 – 13:35 Welcome by the moderator, Susana Garayoa, Institutional Relations at Zabala Innovation
13:35 – 13:45 Keynote Speech
13:45 – 14:10 Panel Session: “Unlocking Flexibility Markets: Are Customers Ready to Embrace Innovation?”
- David Martín, i-DE, BEFLEXIBLE Project Coordinator
- Jan Jeriha, University of Ljubljana, STREAM Project Coordinator
- Katerina Drivakou, ENFLATE Project Coordinator
14:10 – 14:20 Questions & Answers
14:20 – 14:30 Closing Remarks
Visit our dedicated stand at 7.2.C120 during the three days, where we will showcase our project, objectives, and expected results.
Enlit is dedicated to fostering a transformative energy landscape in Europe by forging connections across industries, igniting proactive measures through inspiration, and steering the continent towards a decarbonized, digitalized energy system for a seamless energy transition. Covering every facet from energy source to generation and from the grid to the end consumer, Enlit stands as a dynamic, expansive forum that continuously evolves. This inclusive platform serves as a nexus, uniting established industry leaders, disruptors, startups, and enthusiastic end-users. Through collaboration, innovation, and shared inspiration, Enlit empowers the current generation and motivates the next to actively contribute to the ongoing energy transition. This in-person event brings together 12,000 attendees annually.
About our cluster projects
The synergy created by BEFLEXIBLE, STREAM, and ENFLATE as a cluster enhances our ability to address cross-cutting issues, increase our impact, and drive the transition towards a more flexible and sustainable energy system. The three project were funded by the European Commission (EC) under the topic “HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-06 – Increasing energy system flexibility based on sector-integration services to consumers”. This common funding source reflects our shared objective of enhancing energy system flexibility and promoting collaboration between Distribution System Operators (DSOs) and Transmission System Operators (TSOs).
- The STREAM project aims to create an innovative and robust flexibility ecosystem on the low voltage grid side of existing power markets. The project recognizes the disruption caused by the continuous addition of various prosumers, aggregators, and other service providers, which has made the traditional power market structure more complex.
- The ENFLATE project will build upon existing solutions on data-driven energy services and non-energy services, and replicate them in different geographies, climates and consumer needs. It will propose applicable consumer-centred flexibility platforms and test them in Bulgaria, Greece, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland, engaging local consumers, as well as authorities, service providers, manufacturers and academia. Efficient business models will be developed and tested, combining energy services with health and mobility services.
More about BEFLEXIBLE
BeFlexible is committed to increasing energy system flexibility, enhancing cooperation among Distribution System Operators (DSOs) and Transmission System Operators (TSOs), and facilitating the participation of all energy-related actors. The project is structured around four main blocks: market and regulations analysis, service ecosystem definition, platforms and architectures implementation, and customer engagement with a social co-creation approach.
BeFlexible’s versatility will be demonstrated through diverse pilots in Italy, Sweden, Spain, and France, covering a wide range of consumer energy behaviors, grid typologies, and climate conditions. The project aims to validate consumer engagement strategies, enabling appropriate interaction between all energy actors and fostering market uptake.